|Full name||Nadine Hodgerson|
I have been a professional journalist for a few years during which time I have written thousands of stories and hundreds of articles, subbed miles of copy, knocked out crates of headlines and designed tonnes of magazines and newspapers. I have strong general news reporting & editing skills and a particular interest and good track in covering human rights issues and hard-to-reach communities in the UK and abroad i.e. Travellers and Gypsies; refugees and asylum seekers; street children; migrant workers; disability issues.
|Editorial work||News writing, Features writing, Editing, Sub-editing|
|Last updated||08-11-2014 17:11|
Journalist July 2006 – present
News Of The World - I do write stories for Sunwoman, Daily Express, The People, Take a Break, More, In the Know, The London Paper, Love It, Full House, Ruler, New! Magazine, Wedding
January 2006 – July 2006 Volunteer in Ghana
Position: Project Co-ordinator
• Co-ordinating a range of projects including a computer room, a crèche, a library and sponsorship for HIV drugs and orphans who have lost both their parents to AIDS.
• Teaching English to 10 –18-year-olds.
February 2005 – December 2005 Full House Magazine
Postion: Celebrity Features Editor
• A key member in launching the magazine including sourcing celebrity interviews and cover shoots for launch issues and beyond.
• Set up the celebrity department.
• Sourcing and interviewing various celebrities about personal life stories.
• Commissioning and editing freelance copy and Q&As.
• Sourcing and writing a gossip column and picture caption page.
January 2003 – December 2005 Daily Express
Position: News Reporter
• News reporting on Sunday for the Monday edition.
• Sourcing case studies and expert comment within hours on a Sunday.
July 2003 – February 2005 Bella
Position: Senior Feature Writer
• Sourcing, interviewing and writing real life stories, case studies and expert comment.
• Sourcing and editing the opening spread 'It's a Great Week for…'
• Commissioning freelancers and agencies on a daily basis.
• Editing freelance copy to deadline.
April 2003 - July 2003 Woman's Own
Position: Feature Writer
• Sourcing, interviewing and writing real life stories and case studies.
• Editing Letters page.
• Editing Psychic Casebook page.
• Editing copy.
September 2001 – March 2003 Daily Express, London
Position Graduate Trainee
• Rotating positions on the features desk, Express Woman, showbusiness and the newsroom.
• Interviewing professionals, celebrities, politicians, academics and people who have experienced traumatic events.
• Conducting doorsteps and vox-pops.
• Sourcing stories and case studies using local papers and contacts.
• Organising fashion shoots and makeovers.
• Reviewing books, beauty products and treatments.
• Writing travel pieces.