|Full name||Phil Boucher|
Celebrity, travel, real life, mens lifestyle, sport, music, film, current affairs, childcare, human resources
|Editorial work||News writing, Features writing, Editing, Sub-editing, Photography|
|Last updated||28-09-2011 18:09|
19 Dennis Road, East Molesey, Surrey, KT89EE
Tel: 0208 979 6919
Mobile: 07961 301 958
• The Independent - for the past three years I have written features about such topics as the Hawaiian island of Koho'olawe, organic farming in Cumbria, carbon capture in coal-fuelled power stations and the scientific analysis of running.
• Daily Mail - in-house shifts on showbiz news desk. Towards the end of 2008 I was heavily involved in the Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross story, securing the first comments from Andrew Sachs. At other times I helped cover stories involving Paul McCartney, Cliff Richard, Pink Floyd, Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss among many others, and was the first journalist to report the news of Billie Piper's baby. I also represented the Mail at the 2008 Mercury Music Prize.
• Daily & Sunday Express - travel features about the USA, Northern Cyprus, Belfast sport (golf and George Best), Finland, Sweden, Spain, Volcano tourism, Olympic host cities and the 2008 Rugby World Cup, among others.
• Daily Star - between 2005 and 2007 I had a permanent freelance role on the Star's features desk and interviewed numerous members of Coronation Street, Hollyoaks and Waterloo Road, plus the likes of James Cracknell, Beverley Turner and Robert Vaughn. I also took part in and organised photo shoots, contributed to the health section, sourced real-life stories and travelled to Australia and Brazil to risk my neck in extreme sports like hang gliding, bungee jumping and freefall parachuting. In August 2007 I also drove an F1 car at Rockingham Speedway.
• People (USA) - freelance showbiz reporting and in-house shifts for both the print and web editions. This has enabled me to meet Orlando Bloom, Benicio del Toro, Kevin Spacey, Hugh Grant, Natasha Richardson, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, 50 Cent and Bruce Willis among others. I have also helped cover the Grammys, Brit Awards, BAFTAs, numerous movie premieres and the weddings of Elton John and Liz Hurley.
• Maxim - in-house shifts and feature editing. Outside of the office I have contributed freelance sport/travel features on the NY Yankees, NFL, Daytona 500, Stanford 20/20 and the England Vs Germany football match 2008, alongside writing about music, film, politics and interviewing celebrities such as Malcolm McDowell and Guillermo del Toro.
• Nuts - in-house shifts and feature editing, plus sports interviews with Ronnie O'Sullivan, Teddy Sheringham and Ray Wilkins. I have also written about international drug cartels, American street gangs, unsolved mysteries and near-death survival stories. This has included organising and taking part in photo shoots, contacting law enforcement agencies such as the FBI and CIA, writing headlines and captions and generally helping out in all sections of the magazine.
• Shortlist - freelance features on such things as disgraced NFL star Michael Vick, the true story behind American Gangster, the life of Joe Strummer and civil rights movements in Philadelphia.
• Also worked for: FHM / FHM Bionic (1996-2002), Loaded, Now, More, Golf Monthly, Mixmag, Star, TNT, Golf & Travel, Women’s Health, A Place in the Sun and many others.
• Channel 4 - freelance writing for an online football community called www.gridclub.com through Cimex media (match reports, player profiles, team profiles).
• www.tenstartapas.com - In 2005 wrote the original version of the web site for JCPR and the Sherry Institute of Spain, which detailed the history, cultural significance and many varieties of sherry.
• Also contributed web copy to: People, Daily Mail and Now.
• Employers Law - I have written the magazine's 'barometer' column for the last five years. This has involved interviewing a series of MPs, HR directors, barristers and leading members of organisations such as the TUC, CBI and CEHR.
• Personnel Today – from 2001-2003 I held the position of deputy features editor and was responsible for commissioning and editing copy alongside writing features on the full range of HR-related topics.
• Also worked for: Travel Weekly, Army, British Legion, Professional Recruiter and Global HR among others.