|Full name||Fiona Harkin|
Trend forecasting, brand innovation & content strategy. I specialise in developing research, insight and content strategies for leading global businesses, backed by a 14-year career working in trend forecasting and research agencies. This experience has provided me with considerable cross-sector understanding in relation to consumer lifestyle, media & marketing, retail, fashion & beauty, and technology/product design sectors. From digital commerce and consumer trends to cultural shifts and aesthetic directions – I successfully deliver creative and strategic insight to forward-thinking businesses.
|Editorial work||News writing, Features writing, Editing, Photography, Video|
|Last updated||01-04-2014 14:39|
*Freelance journalist/trend forecaster/consultant at FIONA HARKIN, including:
- Apr 14 - Present: STYLUS.COM Senior Contributing Editor
- Oct 02 - Present: FINANCIAL TIMES
Regular contributor to the Weekend FT's Style pages, the Business of Luxury and the Business of Fashion supplements.
- Jan 07 - Dec 09: WGSN.COM
Consumer attitude report researcher for the Thinktank directory, including writing cultural analysis and future trend features.
- Dec 07 - Jul 09: LUXARRO PUBLISHING
- Editor of Danish fashion brand DAY Birger et Mikkelsen's magazine, DAY.
- Editorial Consultant for bespoke magazine and online content development.
- Jan 08 - Dec 08: THE FUTURE LABORATORY
Trends researcher, report and presentation writer.
- Mar 08 - Aug 08: CdG MAGAZINE
London correspondent, in-house Comme des Garcons magazine
- Feb 07- Nov 07: WWF (UK)
Luxury industry consultant for the Deeper Luxury report.
- SVP - Content, Stylus.com (Stylus Media Group)
- Editor at COCOSA.COM (Bauer Media): Pre-launch, I worked closely with the Bauer team to develop an editorial strategy for this unique new e-commerce site. This included developing the Cocosa brand personality and shaping the entire look and feel of the site with the in-house designers. Post-launch (mid-October 08), I've continued work on Cocosa's development, from product photography to editorial content, developing newsletters, emails and social marketing projects and working closely with the site's excellent buying team.
- Senior Editor: Travel & Arts at WGSN.com (Emap)
- Associate editor at WGSN.com
- Assistant Editor, News at WGSN.com