|Full name||Katie Samuel|
I have written news stories for national papers as well as features for women's sections including opinion piece columns. I have written real life stories for a variety of women's weekly magazines, travel features for Star and Closer magazines, diet features and parenting features. For the past few years I have worked on celebrity publications and have interviewed a wide range of celebrities including Bono, Westlife, Heather Mills and Christian Slater - to name just a few. I am interested in doing women's interest features and branching into new areas.
|Editorial work||News writing, Features writing|
|Last updated||28-09-2011 18:09|
April 2008 to present
Writing showbiz features for Women's Own magazine, I have also written features for The Cat Magazine and Practical Parenting.
February 2006 - April 2008 - Closer Magazine (staff writer)
• Writing and discovering celebrity and news stories and interviewing a range of celebrities. Also write features for lifestyle and travel pages and attend events for the showbiz column. Create ideas for features for daily brainstorm meeting, liaise with press officers and PRs and edit Coleen McLoughlin’s column.
November 2004 – May 2006 - Daily Express (news shifts)
• Two regular evening news shifts plus extra day shifts, often full weeks. Writing and investigating news stories. Also written columns for the women’s section.
October 2005 – February 2006 - Features writer (shifts)
• Shifts for Best, Bella and two months each on Real People (launch) and Love It! (launch) tracking down and writing real life features and commissioning celebrity interviews.
August – November 2005 - The Sun (shifts)
• Writing and investigating a variety of news stories, also did shifts and covered conferences for the health desk.
January 2005-August 2005 - Star magazine (fulltime freelance)
• Writing celebrity news features, celebrity diet stories, travel features and interviews.
October 2004 – March 2005 - Daily Mirror 3am (freelance shifts)
• Regularly attending concerts, film premieres and celebrity parties on a freelance basis.
February 2004 – July 2005 - Sunday Times (shifts)
• Fortnightly Saturday night news shift, writing news stories for late editions of the paper.
January 2004 – January 2005 - News shifts
• Reporting shifts for various newspapers including Sunday Mirror, Mail on Sunday and Daily Star.
August 2004 – December 2004 - Ham & High (maternity cover)
• News reporter covering Hampstead and Golders Green. Health reporter.
August 2003 – January 2004 - The People and Daily Mirror (shifts)
• Weekly shifts at both papers, including one week of full time reporting in November at each one.
December 9 2002 – August 2004 - Watford Observer (staff reporter)
• Reporter covering both news, features and celebrity interviews. Attended council meetings and reported on court cases. Focus on making local contacts to enable us to discover local stories immediately.
December 2002 -– June 2003 - Press Gang News Agency (shifts)
• Shifts every other Friday - included stories and research for magazines and newspapers.
August -September 2002 - Enfield Gazette (Freelance reporter)