|Full name||Neil Jones|
1) Oil & Gas industry, with particular experience in Health, Safety and the Environment and well engineering. Writer and editor for several oil company staff publications. 2) Opera and the arts. Critic and feature writer for specialist arts consumer magazines in UK and Norway as well as contributor for national Sunday newspapers.
|Editorial work||News writing, Features writing, Editing, Photography|
|Last updated||29-05-2015 20:03|
Neil has over 40 years experience in journalism as well as working in marketing, reputation management, public relations, internal communications and training.
In the last decade and a half he has been based in North-east Scotland and has worked predominantly in and for the oil and gas industry.
He currently provides crisis communication and business continuity advice (including emergency response cover) for several oil industry clients and edits and writes a number of internal publications including new technology and health and safety newsletters.
He is a freelance feature writer and critic for the internationally distributed magazine Opera Now and for the Norwegian performing arts publication Klassick. In addition he contributes to The Sunday Times Scotland and The Herald. Recent assignments taken him include to Iceland, the Czech Republic, California, Austria, Lebanon, Spain and Norway.
In addition to his writing, editing and consultancy work, Neil is an Accredited Practitioner member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and tutors on their continuous development programme as well as a variety of private clients in the UK and the Middle ande Far East
He has delivered a wide variety of training courses in communication skills, teamwork and leadership for organisations as varied as Shell Exploration and Production, the Defence Logistics Organisation, Argyll and the Islands Enterprise and the Heritage Lottery Fund.
- Business & Management
- Consumer: Entertainment & Arts
- Consumer: Environment & Nature
- Consumer: Motoring & Transport
- Energy & Utilities
- Events & Conferences
- Logistics & Trucking
- Marketing & Promotion
- Media Industry
- Motor Trade
- Road Transport
- Sustainable Development
- Trade: Entertainment Industry
- Trade: Music