|Full name||Ralph Adam|
• Information technology – impact of e-mail, internet, search engines, etc. • Technology – how it is used • Library and information policy • Search tools • Transport policy; fares, ticketing; • Mobile payments • Event and conference management - especially academic events • Card-based services – telecoms, transport ,banking, and other applications • Smart cards, RFID and NFC applications • Identification and border controls • Travel - especially China, France and Poland • Small collectables - telephone cards, stamps, champagne caps…. • Publishing
|Editorial work||News writing, Features writing, Editing, Sub-editing, Radio|
|Media outlets regularly worked for||
Aslib Proceedings (Editorial Board member) IET Member News; Library & Information Update; Times Higher;
|PR writing||Contact me for more information|
|Last updated||02-05-2015 15:54|
Qualifications: Degrees in Sociology and Librarianship/Information Science;
I also have a wide range of qualifications in commercial subjects, English Law and Drama.
I am a trained mentor.
I specialise in taking complex topics and making them understandable. .
I have written widely on the information/communications professions as well as on transport and travel. I produce regular columns for professional magazines in engineering and librarianship (print and online).
I frequently write book reviews.
Examples of magazines/journals include:Asian Communications, Aslib Proceedings; IET Member News, Library & Information Update,; Middle East Communications;New Transit, Times Higher.
An article I wrote (on the impact of e-mail) has been the most downloaded several years running.
I have also successfully edited magazines in telecommunications, as well as a consumer titles on collectables.
I have produced documentary work for BBC radio and appeared on programmes for Channel 4 and Channel 5.
I have taught information/investigative research skills for the MA in International Journalism at City University, London, as well as teaching on their MA in Communication Policy. I also set up the University's B Sc degree in Media Communication Skills..
I am a trained information specialist and have training in proof-reading.
Main languages: French, German. (I have carried out French-English translation).
- Alternative Health
- Business Computing
- Business Internet
- Consumer: Arts & Crafts
- Consumer: Computing
- Consumer: Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Consumer: Entertainment & Arts
- Consumer: Fashion
- Consumer: Health & Well Being
- Consumer: Internet
- Consumer: Motoring & Transport
- Consumer: Retail
- Consumer: Student Interest
- Consumer: Technology
- Consumer: Weddings
- Dentistry & Optometry
- Design & Graphics
- Events & Conferences
- General Practice
- Logistics & Trucking
- Marketing & Promotion
- Media Industry
- Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Medical Research
- Print & Packaging
- Retail Trade
- Road Transport
- School & Further Education
- Social Care
- Specialist Healthcare
- Trade: Arts & Crafts
- Trade: Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Trade: Entertainment Industry
- Trade: Fashion, textiles & accessories
- Trade: Music
- Vertical Markets