|Full name||Yasser Khalil|
News reporting, Politics, Middle East affairs, Islam and the West, Opinion articles.
|Editorial work||News writing, Features writing, Editing, Sub-editing|
|Media outlets regularly worked for||
|PR writing||Contact me for more information|
|Last updated||01-12-2016 10:32|
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• I have worked as journalist and researcher since 1996. I have covered political affairs as well as cultural affairs with an open perspective.
• I am also competent and comfortable reporting about economical, IT, scientific, social, topics.
• My work has been published and translated widely in many newspapers and websites .
• I have received an Encouragement prize and certificate of appreciation from Kuwait for my outstanding work (research).
• Asharq Alawsat (UK/Cairo office) (2001- 2008)
• Hi magazine (USA/The Correspondent of Egypt) (2004 – 2006)
• Islam online .net ( Qatar/Cairo office) (2002 – 2008)
• Other newspapers (1996-2001)
• Some opinion articles and researches published, (2006-2010):
• Newspapers and Magazines: Christian Science Monitor (USA), ABC News (USA), Turkish Daily News (Turkey), Yahoo News (USA), Daily Star (Lebanon and Egypt), Arab News (Saidi Arabia), Alraya (Qatar), Anahar (Lebanon), Al-Ahrar (Egypt), Almadina (Saudi Arabia), Akhbar Al-Arab (UAE), Alewa Al-Islamy (Egypt), Almsar magazine (Sultan Qaboos University/ Oman), Alwasat (Bahrain).
• Websites: Alarabiya TV (Saudi Arabia), Common Ground news service (US), Gulf Research Center (UAE), Middle East Online (UK).
• I also helped in preparing ideas and researches for some TV programs in Egyptian TV.
• Senior editor at Almasry Alyoum nwespaper (2009 – present)
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Bachelor of Commerce, Cairo University, 1999
• Laws and politics of the media and the internet in the Arab world conference, October 7-8, 2010 Amman, Jordan
• Media Skills & Muslim-Western Understanding - A Training Workshop for MENA Thought-Leaders. Beirut, Lebanon, May 9-12, 2010.
• Islam and Civil Society Seminar, Princeton, New Jersey, USA, August 3–7, 2009
• 12th Forum 2000 Conference On “Openness and Fundamentalism in the 21st Century”, Prague, Czech Republic, October 12-14, 2008.
• Course for covering presidential elections (International Center for Journalists) September, 2005.
• Course for covering parliamentary elections (the Egyptian Association for Dissemination and Development of Legal Awareness) October, 2005.
• Participating in a number of courses and workshops for women rights (Egyptian Center for Woman Rights) 2002-2005.
• Participating in "International Visitor" program (as a "Young Media Professional"), in USA , including visiting 4 states beside Washington DC, and attending the first anniversary of September 11, 2001 events at the "Ground Zero" New York city, and meeting with Arabs and Muslim leaders in USA, (US Department of State) August 24 – September 16, 2002.
• Languages: fluent English