|Full name||Andy McCue|
I have two very different freelance hats, one in B2B media writing about business technology and CIO issues and the other in the consumer media writing about rock climbing and mountaineering. I am also content director of B2B content marketing agency Collective Content UK (Ltd), a small agency I run with my colleague Tony Hallett. I was editor of Britain's leading climbing magazine Climber for almost three years and have interviewed some of the biggest names on climbing, alpinism and mountaineering, written features on climbing destinations and done reviews of rock climbing equipment and outdoor clothing. I have an extensive network of contacts that includes some of Britain's and the world's top climbers and all the major climbing and outdoor gear manufacturers. I am available for commissions for print and online media (including some video filming/editing) for: - rock climbing destination guides/features - interviews with famous climbers and mountaineers - rock climbing gear guides and reviews - short-term/one-off editing or project work I also have extensive experience and contacts in the world of business technology, specifically on the challenges and issues facing Chief Information Officers and IT directors. I am available for commissions for print and online media, plus corporate and copy writing work for: - CIO interviews and profile pieces - Trend articles/features on business technology issues for CIOs - short-term/one-off editing or project work Over the past couple of years a lot of my work has been around customer publishing (or brand publishing/brand content as some people call it). Through Collective Content I have worked on major B2B content initiatives for several big tech brands, developing everything from whitepapers to customer-facing microsites and ghost-writing for executives.
|Media outlets regularly worked for||
|PR writing||Contact me for more information|
|Last updated||29-11-2018 11:10|
I have more than a decade of experience as a journalist and editor in both consumer and business media and in print and online. Key skills include editing, managing editorial staff, writing, producing online content (audio and video), speaking at events and conferences. I am now based in Yorkshire. Some of my recent roles include
- Content Director, Collective Content UK (Ltd) www.collectivecontent.co.uk 2014-
- Editor, Climber magazine and website (www.climber.co.uk) 2009-2012
- Launch Editor, I magazine (Fujitsu's quarterly international CIO magazine published by Redwood Group) 2008-2009
- Deputy Editor, silicon.com, managing a team of reporters and the day-to-day running of the website as well as responsibility for CIO content and the annual CIO 50 special report and event, 2003-2008
- Senior Reporter, VNU Business Publications, working across various B2B titles including Computing magazine, IT Week, Computer Reseller News, Accountancy Age and vnunet.com, 2000-2003
I have also done freelance work for various titles including Kerrang! magazine, Director magazine and Greenbang.com
I am also available for corporate writing and project work - Please contact for rates and further details.