|Full name||Jane Hoskyn|
* Main: Consumer technology (apps, internet, home computing, online TV/film) * Also: Consumer lifestyle (product reviews), tech B2B (streaming services)
|Media outlets regularly worked for||
|PR writing||Contact me for more information|
|Last updated||29-11-2018 11:10|
I am seeking opportunities as a content writer/editor. I have extensive experience and top-level skills in web and print; editorial and commercial.
- I spent a number of years as Features Editor at Web User then Computeractive (Dennis Publishing). This honed my expertise as a consumer tech writer/editor.
- I'm now freelance and write features, reviews and columns for Web User, Computeractive, Expert Reviews; also web content (copy and video) for cyber-security company SE Labs.
- Highly skilled at writing to brand guidelines - fast, accurate, engaging
- Web content - CMS (Wordpress), SEO, Google analytics
- Production - commissioning, subbing, proofing
- Digital media - Photoshop, video
Previous roles (freelance and in-house):
- Senior Technology Writer, MVF (digital marketing)
- Affiliate content writer, Match.com (lifestyle content for partners including MSN, GoodToKnow and national press)
- Assistant Editor, Runner's World (followed by regular freelance writing for RW and sister title Men's Health)
- Contributing Editor, Sky magazine (lifestyle)
Other freelance clients (bylines):
- FHM, Loaded, She, Woman & Home, Mail on Sunday, Cosmopolitan, Express, Marie Claire, Time Out, Woman's Own, The Register, Computer Shopper, IT/Cloud Pro, Wenn photo agency